Sunday 1 April 2012

Review: Kiss Me Deadly Van Doren Six Strap Suspender Belt


She Says:

I am a massive fan of vintage style lingerie. Show me some 40's or 50's pin-ups and I am in my element. It's all about the oversized knickers, chunky bras, sexy suspender belts and nylon stockings. I'd been looking for a decent suspender belt for a while before I came across this one. I usually buy my underwear from highstreet stores rather than on the internet, and it hadn't even crossed my mind to look on Lovehoney for lingerie. Silly really I know but I had just always associated it with sex toys and not given the clothing a second glance, until Alex pointed out to me that there were some suspender belts that might take my fancy on there.


The Kiss Me Deadly Van Doren 6 Strap Suspender Belt is the one I decided to go for. I was quite nervous about ordering it as it was expensive (currently retailing for £29.99 at point of publishing this article). But it did look like just the thing I was after, and Lovehoney do have a fantastic returns policy, so my mind was set at ease a little. Luckily, I had little need to be worried, this suspender belt is (to quote Mary Poppins... maybe not terribly appropriate) practically perfect in every way.

I ordered it in a small, which is meant to fit a UK 8-10. I am an 8 around my waist, but a large 10 around my bum and this fits me perfectly on the middle fastener, so there would be room to adjust if you were smaller or a little larger around the waist. But generally size-wise it was true to its word, so order it in your usual size.

It is made to a very high quality and I feel very much like I got what I paid for. The material is soft and stretchy, with a shiny finish to it (it's a mixture of 80% nylon and 20% elastane); and being stretchy it means there is some further room for error in the sizing. It has a simple black lace trim which is very soft and not at all itchy or irritating to the skin. There are six chunky straps measuring 1.6cm across made out of a heavy duty, slightly stretchy elastic with a shiny finish. The metal clasps (difficult to describe but see the photos for a closer look) are what make this product absolutely super. They're silver in colour, and again I would describe them as heavy duty, very strong and extremely easy to adjust. The fasteners that actually attach to your stockings are also very chunky and secure - there's no way you'd have a 'stockings-falling-down' accident with this little beauty. The waistline is finished with a small simple black bow - all in all very elegant and classy.

This suspender sits on your waist, it has a retro feel of the 50's to it. Because of where it sits it is very flattering, especially for anyone who is an hourglass figure. Although I am only fairly small myself, I can imagine this belt looking fantastic on a fuller figure. It's also extremely comfortable and secure. I feel happy wearing this under my day to day clothes, it's not just something just to get out on a special occasion, it's also very practical. If you feel like six straps aren't going to be secure enough for you, or if you prefer the look of more straps it is also available with eight straps. 

Unfortunately it is hand wash only, which is a bit of a pain. But other than that I don't think I have a bad word to say about it.

Overall a fantastic product and one which I would whole-heartedly recommend for anyone who loves retro-glam lingerie or is in need of a great fitting secure suspender belt. I will definitely be keeping my eye out for more Kiss Me Deadly products in the future. 

He Says:

As you may have seen here I have always considered myself more of a fan of lacy underwear. But this suspender belt is just absolutely gorgeous. It seems tremendously well made, and the fastenings are all secure. The material has a certain amount of elasticity and give in it, but would definitely still hold you in a bit if that was a function you needed from it. Overall a fantastic product for those looking for this style of suspender belt.



For more photos, take a look at our Sinful Sunday post this week.




No comments:

Post a Comment